How do I access the Library's online resources when off campus?
SOU students, faculty, and staff can access most of our resources from off campus. When you click on one of these resources, you should see a login prompt. Use the same login you use for the campus computer network or for InsideSOU. If you are unsure what this login would be, call the IT Help Desk at 541-552-6900.
If you run into problems with your access and are currently a registered SOU student, faculty or staff, please collect the following information and report it to Jim Rible at 541.552.6821 or email@example.com:
- Which database or resource were you trying to access?
- Did you get the campus login page (should say InsideSOU on it and have a box for your Username and Password)?
- What steps (clicks) did you take to access the resource and what did you see? Screenshots are helpful.
- What is your IP address? (You can just Google IP address and it will tell you).
- What web browser are you using (e.g. Firefox, Chrome, Safari)? What version is it?
- What type of computer are you using (e.g. PC or Mac)?
- When were you trying to access the resource? Have you tried multiple times? Did you use to have access?