What are some basic search tips for the Hannon Library Search?
- Use the Advanced Search page which provides more search options
- Use quotation marks when you're searching for a phrase and want the search terms to stay together (example: "mountain lion")
- If you're looking for either of two words, use "OR" in all caps (example: "mountain lion" OR cougar)
- If you want to search multiple endings of a word use an asterisk at the end (example: volcan* retrieves volcan, volcano, volcanos, volcanoes, or volcanic)
- After you've run your search, look at the options (facets) on the left to see if there are helpful links for focusing your search
You can find more information about searching on this self-paced tutorial on Finding Books.